CASIT - Subjects and Responsibilities
The manufacturer (CASIT)
He is the direct manufacturer of parts and components that contribute to the automation of the step that the Legislation defines "machine". Actuators, motors, gear motors, components and accessories detection and protection are provided in accordance with CE with all the necessary technical documentation and instructions.
Who applies the automatic system to the step or passage and provides the installation of the mechanical components and electrical components.
He is responsible for the assembling and “machine hazard or risks”.
He must provide the project’s documentation (see chapter → A key-factor: the installer’s skills and expertise »), run the installation following the directives of the manufacturer, make all final tests, deliver to user manual and maintenance instructions to the end user, instructing him of the features and risk prevention, deliver the CE declaration.
Be aware that there are 3 different types of responsibilities which are basically related to the factors here below:
- Gate and door has a CE declaration
- gate and doors are complaint but they do not have a CE declaration
- gate and door are not complaint and they do not have any CE declaration
The operator and the end user
Basically who uses the automated passage daily. He is obliged to arrange the maintenance and upkeep of the system.
- The danger of the systems, the Reference Standards, the installer and the technical booklet (enter »)
- The CE marking (enter »)
- Subjects and Responsibilities
- Types of movements for openings with CASIT automated devices (enter »)
- The risk areas of the gates (enter »)
Type system for sliding gates or swing gates, garage doors and industrial doors to pack sidefolding, sliding or sectional, road barriers (enter »)